Thursday, January 12, 2012

"I don't know brainiac, its your backyard too!"

Today, while we were at the library, Emily started reading me short sentences, such as; She quickly ran down the stairs. And then would ask me, okay what was the pronoun in that sentence? She? Okay great, S. What about the adverb? Quickly? You sure? Alright, Q. Long story short when I figured out that Emily had no idea what a pronoun, adverb, adjective or noun was I had to excuse myself from the library I was laughing so hard. Two real life direct quotes, "Noun: person, place, thing, or idea. How the heck am I suppose to know what that is? That could be ANYTHING!" "Okay Morgan stop showing off how smart you are."
Some days college can be really hard. 
 We also had quite the adventure today. Logan told us there was free pizza in the Eccles Center, you better believe we weren't going to miss out on that. Well we show up and it is some convention for summer sales. The place was a total tool shed, we were the only girls there and everyone was pimped out in their AMP, Pinnacle, and Vivint gear. I would bet serious money that at least 75% of the people in attendance drive white trucks. Whatever, we'll do anything for free food so we grabbed our pizza, pulled up a chair, and enjoyed the show. 
 Highlights included: Logan's face when he hear that the average rep makes 40 grand their first summer. Luckily I was snapping a shot right when he heard this bit of information. 
Also, the European WNBA player that quit playing ball to do summer sales, "It was a great decision." Seriously? This is what the American dream has become? Summer sales?
 Let us not forget about the fact that the speaker called Emily and myself out for laughing when I pointed out to Em that his fly was down. Yikes. 
If I learned anything from this convention it was that "The Man" is for sure the two most annoying words anyone could ever repeat over and over, and over.
And a quick side note, on the walk home we simultaneously slipped on the ice, hard. If we wouldn't have been wearing backpacks we would both be unconscious on 800 North right now.

4 comments:

Taylor Kevan said...

Can't. Stop. Laughing.

I almost had to leave the library from reading this post. Note to self: don't read this blog in silent reading sections.

I'm so glad you two teamed up and created this blog.

Also, Emily love your turquoise ring!

Pat said...

What is Logan thinking in that last picture?

Valerie said...

didn't brad and kim do summer sales once? i would like to hear more about that.

Valerie said...

I demand at least one post a week!!